Walker Events runs events throughout the year that bring together regional food, beautiful environments and people –
- the monthly Mansfield Farmers’ Market,
- the Mansfield Lantern Festival
- Regional Farm Gate tours
- Dinners and lunches that celebrate the Put Victoria on Your Table mantra
Each of these core events forms a family of experiences aimed at conveying the many facets of sustainability. Ingredients at each event are almost all local – sometimes sourced within metres of where you are sitting. Surrounded by mountains, lakes and wide horizons – the hallmark landscapes of Victoria’s High Country. In the past 5 years we have held lunches and dinners in machinery sheds, wool sheds, up mountains, in paddocks and even in an inflatable igloo. NOTHING is impossible!
With a background in health and education, Alli Walker is passionate about living in an environmentally friendly manner and encouraging others to do so as well. Further qualifications in Event management and Tourism have rounded out the “tool box” and Alli is always looking for new challenges.
As the sole business owner of Walker Events, Alli has a book full of contacts that she is not afraid to use! Team work is what this business is all about and Walker Events creates connections between other like minded businesses to make sure that the result you are getting is the result that you asked for.
On top of these regular events there are also semi – regular “special events” – dinners, lunches, food promotions, films and more. Walker Events can help YOU organise or run your own event or promotion – using the same strong environmental principles that our events follow. Please contact us for more information. Need a hand with your online and digital marketing and promotion? We can help with the set up all the way through to the publication. Read here for more information Sustainability and the environment are not an afterthought – they are the first thought.
- We work from home – an already built environment – which is a well insulated, low energy using dwelling (included on all of our Sustainable House tours)
- All printing (if we have to do it) is on recycled paper and not laminated. We try to do most of marketing within the digital world.
- Support innovation and encourage others to do so also.
Environmental Fact Sheet:
- 100% Green Energy. We also have solar panels on our roof to feed back into the grid.
- Passive solar heating – no energy hungry airconditioners or heaters.
- 100% tank water – with a worm farm septic system
- All windows are double glazed and able to be opened for cross ventilation when needed.
- Support of local producers as much as possible with all events
- Events use recyclable / biodegradable / compostable / reuseable products where ever possible.
- Food waste is composted where possible.
- Waste is taken home post event